This North-East trip lets you enjoy a romantic vacation and starts a new adventure in your life. Visit iconic destinations of Northeast- Shillong, Cherrapunji, and Mawlynnong, and Guwahati. Temples whose architecture remained unknown for years, the natural beauty of caves, jungles, and waterfalls which is completely astonishing and a culture which is larger than life.
Duration: 4 Nights 5 Days
- Arrival at Guwahati Airport
- Check-in at the hotel in Guwahati.
- Have rest or enjoy walking, shopping in the local markets on your own.
- Overnight stay in the hotel
- Have breakfast; Check out from the hotel.
- Srimanta Shankardev Kalakhetra: A non-profit cultural organization in Guwahati, it houses various structures as well as buildings that portray ethnic designs of Assam.
- Transfer to Shillong.
- Check-in to the hotel and relax before sightseeing.
- Visit Umiam Lake: A scenic man-made lake, surrounded by luxuriant meadows and hills. Owing to its vast expanse, it is locally known as Barapani (big water).
- Don Bosco Monument: Largest Asian cultural museum and exhibits items such as paintings and artifacts. All the 17 international standard galleries of this museum offer a glimpse into the local life of North East India.
- Ward’s Lake: An another artificial lake of the city that is wrapped by lush gardens. A wooden bridge in the middle of this horse-shoe shaped lake allows you to enjoy the beauty around.
- Elephant Falls: These picturesque falls are much-preferred picnic spots as well as a weekend getaway of Shillong.
- Overnight Stay at the hotel
Day 3: Cherrapunjee
- Have breakfast; Check out from the hotel
- Proceed to Cherrapunjee
- Mawkdok Viewpoint- Duwan Sing Sylem Bridge is the viewpoint of this Mawkdok Dympep Valley that offers a breathtaking bird’s eye view of the Valley.
- Seven Sisters Falls- These seven segmented waterfalls are the fourth highest in the country.
- Thangkharang Park- Catch views of Bangladesh plains from this park that also offers you a breathtaking sight of Kynrem Falls, cascading in three levels.
- Mawsmai Cave- Watch amazing stalactites and stalagmites formations in these limestone caves. Nature’s artwork inside will leave you spellbound.
- Overnight Stay at the Hotel
Day 4: Heart of Meghalaya
- Have breakfast; Check out; Transfer to Mawlynnong Village – the cleanest village of Asia.
- Visit Double Decker Root Bridge: The Bridge is 250 years old. The only way to reach this primeval bridge is by trekking.
- Arrive in Mawlynnong; Check into a homestay and relax.
- Explore the surroundings and savor some authentic cuisines.
Day 5: Visit Bangladesh border
- Have breakfast; check out from the hotel
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Umngot River in Dawki.
- Visit India-Bangladesh border, which is an exciting attraction of your Northeast honeymoon destination
- In the evening, Drop at the Guwahati Airport
- Accommodation for 4 nights in a hotel on double sharing basis
- Breakfast for 4 days
- Transportation for Sightseeing for 4 days
- Airport Pick Up/Drop